[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Test Leads

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Aug 4 13:34:17 UTC 2011

Clothes pins.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: volt-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:volt-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On
Behalf Of Fred
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 7:34 AM
To: Discussion of precise voltage measurement
Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Test Leads

I think these work pretty well too, glue some coppersheet between the
jaws. Solder the wires to the copper (befor glueing ;-) ) And you have a
nice and cheap Kelvin clip. They are also available in childerens size
so you can make a SMD version too :-)
See the link, because I do not know the english word. (you use them to
clip laundry to the line when it hangs to dry)

http://www.canstockphoto.nl/beelden-foto's/wasknijper.html#file_view.php?id=
5418467

Fred

Mark Sims schreef op do 04-08-2011 om 12:04 [+0000]:
> For the Kelvin clips,  your best bet is a set of HP kelvin clips (I forget
the part number...  they run around 200 bucks).  They use the old ESI style
clips that use rubber o-rings as springs to close the clips.
> Next best is Ebay Chinese clips...  they have a metal spring that can add
some capacitance that affects high freq AC measurements.  They are only a
few dollars and actually work pretty well.