[volt-nuts] Travelling standards

Dick Moore richiem at hughes.net
Thu Aug 25 21:53:28 UTC 2011

@Bob Smither -- I would gladly assist in this project. I have an HP 3458 which hasn't been to Loveland in quite a while, but at least has some decent resolution. I would suggest a 10V standard to take advantage of the full resolution of the various DMMs -- excepting the odd-duck HP and Keithley units that had 300V fs etc. designs, like the 3457.

I think the LM399 idea is a good one, although as John suggested, putting a no-heater IC unit in an old OCXO can is really good too. Or maybe an LTZ1000 package could be put together in travelling garb. Regardless, circulating such a standard (or two or three) around might turn up some interesting results. I'm in.

Dick Moore