[volt-nuts] Mixers

Fred Schneider pa4tim at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 07:01:02 UTC 2011

Hi Brooke,
I build a LO on 2.4 GHz and a 2.4 to 4.4 GHz VCO. They need to be mixed to also get the 1 to 2400 MHz range. It will be a frequency generator with pindiode attenuation, FM, AM modulation and usable as sweep generator. LCD display with freuency reading and power in dBm.
The microstrip mixers can have problems with the low IF ( I think), normal double ballanced mixers will be difficult because the transformers should be able to handle 4.4 GHz.
The Mouw mixer looked like a solution but I only found the patent picture and that was not very clear to read, i need more detailed info so I can build one. This is my first microwave eperiment.

Fred PA4TIM

Op 30 sep. 2011 om 21:10 heeft Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net> het volgende geschreven: