[volt-nuts] Serious problems fluke 731A, 720 and solartron

Fred Schneider pa4tim at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 07:12:19 UTC 2011

Think I found part of the poblem. The zero call was giving problems because a ground connection came lose. It also gave big different readings if switching polarity. After fixing this it now zeros. ( yes!  ;-) )

If i do a calibration on 10 V. It showes 10.000,000 on the display, but if I switch the 720 to 1.000,000 Volt the display shows 0.999,980 Volt. If I switch the solartron to the 1 V range it reads 1.000,000.x Volt. So the 10 V range is not lineair. The stupid thing is, I can get it right. If I use the filter while meauring the 1 V in th 10 V range it is correct but then it will not read the 10 V correct.  So it looks like there is some noise of common mode problem. I have not checked the 1 V range the same way. I will do that too.

Does that ring a bell to someone ?

Fred PA4TIM

Op 25 sep. 2011 om 18:31 heeft "J. L. Trantham" <jltran at att.net> het volgende geschreven: