[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards - pictures + protocol

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Thu Sep 8 21:46:20 UTC 2011

Hello Bob,

one thougth of me just seeing the pictures.
how is the "top" and "bottom" of LM399 stabilized with your tube package.

Even when top and bottom is defined. The tube can be tilted by around 45 to
90 degrees.
Did you check if that has an influence on the output voltage?
Is the PCB fixed within the tube?

> Thanks Fred.  Both references (the LM119AH and the MAX6350) have several
> hundred hours on them.  I have left them on for all the time since I put
> together the first bread board.  When I was not working on them, they have
> been powered.  They will accumulate an additional hundred hours or so
> before I actually ship them.

At least the plastic case of the MAX6350 will have suffered from soldering.
(dryed out).
So it will take at least a week or two until the unit has again stabilized.

With best regards

Andreas