[volt-nuts] Voltage Reference Mini-Oven

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 22:29:55 UTC 2011

Using a circuit similar to
http://www.febo.com/pipermail/volt-nuts/attachments/20110903/b7da2eca/attachment-0001.gif

A 10 reference standard can be built so that there are only TWO really
critical parts that limit its performance.
The reference  Zener and the 5/3 gain matched resistors.
The rest just takes careful analog design considerations.
The way I hope to remove the resistor matching limitation is to do that part
digital.

As far as more details on the Mini-Oven, nothing else to say. It is just
three small parts "Taped" together.
One is the device to be controlled, one is the heater and the last is the
temperature sensor. Same as any oven, just smaller.
I don't know how this mini-oven would apply to a standard cell.

ws

*******************
zbigniew169 wrote:
I would be appreciate if You will send some details concerning construction
of Your mini-oven.

m k m1k3k1 at hotmail.com wrote

Hi Warren,

That does seem a very simple way to get the diode at a steady temp, but then
you need to keep the rest steady to stop all the other uncertainties
swamping the nice steady diode you have just created.