[volt-nuts] Eppley Thermopile

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Sep 22 03:11:07 UTC 2011

John is correct.  The mount is, indeed, a Spindler & Hoyer Gottingen, made in Germany.  I also think he is correct about what the 'thing' is.

Measuring the voltage from the unit with the 7081 with aluminium tape over the front, I get pretty close to 0.0 uV.  With the tape removed and the lights on in the shop, I get about 2 uV.  With a small, three AAA battery powered, LED flashlight illuminating it from close range, I get about 280 uV.

I am not sure what I will ever use it for but it is 'on the shelf'.

Thanks,

Joe