[volt-nuts] 7081 connector part number Q

Fabio Eboli fabioeb at quipo.it
Wed Apr 18 14:16:21 UTC 2012

Hello, followed the discussion about connector, I don't want to
spend more on the connectors than on the meters I have.
I'm thinking to build some, I have a pair of cheap kelvin clips,
the ones used on RLC meters with 4bnc connectors.
The bnc central pin fits in the solartron connector and also bnc
outer shell fits in, so I can use one shell and 5 pins to build
a connector, I need a way to fix in place the pins.
Each pin will be soldered to cable and isolated by heat shrink tubing,
after it will be inserted in the connector and I will use
a syringe to inject some glue to fix them in place, naturally
the connector will be held vertical and the bottom of the connector
will be sealed.
I'm thinking about some two component glue like uhu plus
in the connector, what do you think about this, will I have leackage
problems?

Fabio.