[volt-nuts] Power Designs Precision Power Supplies

Marvin E. Gozum marvin.gozum at jefferson.edu
Wed Apr 25 13:55:41 UTC 2012

This is fantastic news, glad to meet you here.  You knew them at
their prime, when they were like new! While CC is standard in many of
today's supplies, its hard to find modern ones at this cost that
match the PD Precision regulation.

The stability is impressive even today, and moreso, the Precision
series have their key regulation components all transistors.

Since you mention repair, were some less durable than others?  I can
see calibrating per your protocol as needed.

I looked up the transistors in the 2020B and 5020 and half of them
are unobtanium.  By chance, does anyone have the specs of
these?  I've tried the web based resources and located 2 transistor
specs, and were barely readable.

Transistors:
FS1700E
2N2219A
IR4230
TI0421
FS2270B
MS1700G
FS1075
2N5416

Does anyone know what these voltage references where?

Voltage References
A65555-1
A65555-2
A65555-3