[volt-nuts] Solartron 7061 help request (eeprom?) (Fred Schneider)

fabioeb at quipo.it fabioeb at quipo.it
Tue Feb 28 10:05:57 UTC 2012

Hello Bill, thank you for the answers.
This morning I swapped the original eeprom with a spare one,
I tried calibrate 0.1V to 100V, so the new constant is
stored during calibration and not hitting "refresh"?
This is confirmed by the fact that it retained the new
values even after power down without the "refresh" command.
So Fred's problem of losing costants should be due to faulty
eeprom? Also my instrument can have a faulty eeprom and have
lost costants during use?

A pair of things, easy to discover that can help somebody else
searching info like me:
- cal key: I don't have the key and the switch is easily tampered
but I don't want to break it. Here are the connections on the
pin header connected to the cal switch:
cal off: connect Blue to Green, just put a jumper on the first
two pins on the header
cal on: connect Yellow to Green and Brown to Red two jumpers
on the pins 2-3 and 5-6

- Ram memory: the capacitor makes it retain data also after power
down and without backup battery for some time, the voltage is as follow:
from 4.4V to 2V in 40s
to 1V in 1m 40s
to 0,5V in 2' 30s
the memory retains data also when it's only at 1V.

Fabio.