[volt-nuts] Fluke 732A thermistor

Dick richiem5683 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:09:08 UTC 2012

Hi Tom -- The thermistors in the 732A are all nominal 10k ohms at 25 deg C. The monitor thermistor has no function in any control loop -- it is only there for a quick check of correct oven operation. It is fully floating, with no electrical connection to any other part of the unit. The nominal oven temps of the two 732s I used to have were in the 46 deg C area, plus or minus 1 deg. Although the Fluke thermistors are very tiny units, any glass-housed or epoxy-bead nominal 10k thermistor will serve well for the monitor function, and even for the control loop thermistors, as long as they physically fit.

But physical access to the various thermistors is no walk in the park....

Dick Moore