[volt-nuts] Solartron 7061 ROM and behaviour questions (washelp request (eeprom?))

Fabio Eboli FabioEb at quipo.it
Fri Mar 23 21:59:10 UTC 2012

Thank you Mikle.
I tried to read your post usign google translator,
as far as I understand it a *very* interesting article,
if you have time you should translate it.
If I understand correctly the firmware corrects for
temperature using a temperature sensor near the reference,
and a parabolic model.
The drift correction the instrument performs about
every 15minutes should be just this?
You mention the SZA263, some time ago I searched info about it
but no luck, (I have one here in a fluke 8520, that has
a mean time to fail of few hours :).
Also you show a solartron 7075 disassembled reference,
this evening I was just contemplating this exact component
(I was disassembling and cleaning a 7075, I'll show
some pics on this post:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/product-reviews-photos-and-discussion/solartron-7075-(or-will-i-be-able-to-reassemble-it-)/ )
you
saved me from the tentation to disassemble it.
If I understand correctly the 7061 has not the DAC but
the thermal compensation cal is made by hand closing some
solder bridges.
Now I don't have much time and I'm waiting another programmer,
in future I'll try to understand better the 7061, as far as my knowlede
permits.

Fabio.

P.S.
7061 manual: very interesting but a little pricey, this hobby
is becoming dangerous for my wallet :)