[volt-nuts] Fluke 343a startup problem

Fabio Eboli fabioeb at quipo.it
Mon Oct 22 09:03:28 UTC 2012

Hello, hope someone can help me giving a clue
to where can be the problem.
I have a fluke 343a, usually the unit startup
is normal and well-behaved but recently
sometimes when I turn it on the output overshoots
badly and then slowly returns in control.

This happens if I let the unit stay unpowered for
few days. Once I power it up the output goes down,
then up and slowly recovers, here I recorded the
voltage vs time, on the left I turned the switch
from off directly to "meter voltage" position:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14336723@N08/8112014154/

once powered for few seconds the problem disappears and
the subsequent power on cycles are normal, this
was recorded few seconds later than the previous:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14336723@N08/8112014110/

Troubleshooting is a little time consuming, beacuse the
problem shows only after 3-4 days of inactivity and
the culprit component probably seem still working.

Seem something screws up the control loop parameters.
Could it be a bad capacitor somewhere?

Thank you,
Fabio Eboli.