[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Calibration Problem

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Sep 2 22:57:28 UTC 2012

I went through the calibration process today, using the manual and my 'new'
Fluke 5100B.  I made a 'short circuit plug' by connecting 'HI' to 'LO' only.
All was OK until the last step of 'CALIBRATE REFERENCE'.  I kept getting
'FACTOR OUT OF RANGE'.  What am I missing?

However, after checking it against my other, Ametek calibrated, 7081, the
readings on the various scales are very close, about 10 uV at 10 VDC, for
instance, and 2 mV at 10 VAC using a 1 kHz signal and about 36 ohms at 1
MegOhm.  This is a significant improvement from where it started.

Thanks for any help.

Joe