[volt-nuts] Sn10Pb90

wb6bnq wb6bnq at cox.net
Tue Aug 13 20:01:02 EDT 2013

Joseph,

The only place where I have seen low thermal solder used was in the OLD
TEK tube scopes in only one special place.  Those OLD tube scopes had a
few ceramic standoffs that had a number of cupped spaces with metal
surfaces bonded with some kind of glue that could not take a lot of
heat.  These standoffs were used, at the time, for providing a high
impedance, low leakage connection point.

We are talking in the 1950 and 1960's time frame.  Later in time TEFLON
became the choice for such use.

Bill....WB6BNQ