[volt-nuts] Agilent calibration

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Tue Aug 13 21:04:15 EDT 2013

Since some of you have used Agilent calibration, perhaps you can answer a
question for me. The Agilent web site lists this description for one of the

*"Agilent Calibration Per Incident* - Calibration using full
manufacturer-defined procedures, including adjustments and pre/post data
for out of tolerance instruments."

The way I read this is that if I send them a DMM that is within spec, they
won't adjust it or provide pre/post data. Is this the case? If I spend over
$200 sending a DMM to them, I want it adjusted to the best possible specs
and I want the data. I do not want someone just saying that it is good
enough and send it back to me. I can get that for $50 in El Paso.

Joe Gray
W5JG