[volt-nuts] HP 3457A calibration?

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Tue Aug 20 09:51:11 EDT 2013

Joe,

You might start with just measuring the battery voltage.

There are two different batteries used in the 3457A, one that is obsolete
and the other still obtainable.  Per the manual, there are two resistors
that need to be changed if switching from the 'obsolete' battery to the 'new
battery'.  However, I wonder if the resistors even need to be changed.

See message #48954 in the archives and the several messages surrounding
that.

If the battery is 'OK', I would favor just sending it to Agilent for
calibration, unless you can 'SAFELY' change the battery while preserving the
cal data.

Good luck.

Joe