[volt-nuts] Fluke 5200A extender board.

Kgoodhew kgoodhew at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 28 02:44:32 EDT 2014

Hi,
	The pin spacing on the card edge connectors is 0.1" (2.54 mm) and is a 43/86 dual row socket.
I know what the extender looks like as I found one on ebay several months ago that had already sold for $50 (damm it!!) and I have been looking ever since, but it had a picture of it.
It is a double sided pcb board that plugs into the female connector that is mounted vertically in the instrument and then rises up above the top of the instrument case where there is a female socket mounted horizontally so in effect the board now sits horizontally above the instrument whereas normally it sits vertically in the instrument.
That way you have access to the board to take measurements, something you cannot do when the boards are in the instrument due to the close spacing of the various boards.
	As the 43/86 pin card edge connectors appear unobtainable I have sourced a 50/100 pin female connector that I can make do with, but I need either a 43/86 pin male card edge connector (which are also unobtainable) to make up an extender using cables as you have done, so the only option appears to be to make up a double sided pcb board with pads spaced at 0.1" centres on both sides and then either use it to terminate the cables to the female socket , or probably better make the pcb the same as the original extender and just use my 100 pin socket on that.
That is why I was hoping someone may be able to photo copy the pcb board if they have an extender they do not want to sell.
Thanks,
Ken Goodhew.

---