[volt-nuts] PWM voltage divider

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Wed Jan 8 12:53:39 EST 2014

Some of the microchip dsPIC's have high speed PWM. Specifically the ones
for digital power. The timing step resolution is 1.04nS. (Yes, that's
almost a 1GHZ clock rate). I'm sure they do it with a ring oscillator
locked to a lower frequency source, but the resolution is there, even at
high speeds.

It works well for the couple of hundred Khz to 1Mhz PWM frequency range,
and even up to 10Mhz PWM.

You could easily get into tens of Khz's and still be able to dither for
higher resolution in software...

dsPIC33FJ06GS101A for example:
http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en537159

Dan