[volt-nuts] A Fluke 732A: Return it or keep it?

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sat Mar 8 11:57:57 EST 2014

Thomas wrote:

>In my humble opinion your are best off first checking for a local
>Cal Lab with a Josephson Junction Array Voltage Standard.

What you need is a cal lab that is accredited under the NIST NVLAP
program (or possibly by A2LA) and that has a DC source calibration
uncertainty certified to be 0.02 ppm or less, at least at 10v.  The
Fluke cal lab meets this criterion, as do the Los Alamos and Sandia
standards labs (and, of course, NIST itself).  Precious few others do.

A list of NVLAP-accredited labs can be found here:

<http://ts.nist.gov/standards/scopes/dclow.htm>

Certified uncertainties are found in each lab's current "Scope of
Accreditation" document.

Best regards,

Charles