[volt-nuts] Signametrics usb DMM on Win-64?

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Wed May 14 15:20:03 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm assuming you're talking win7x64 or something modern and nothing
silly like WinXP x64...

One possibility may be to run a Virtual Box with XP on it. Virtual box
can grab USB devices and redirect them to the virtual PC, which could be
XP or whatever else you install. I've found it to work quite well for
some things, although I haven't tested it with deices that I don't have
drivers for on the host system. (Although, supposedly you can set
virtual box to automatically redirect PID/VID combinations to the host
system).

If they really are FTDI drivers, and you can live without signed
drivers, you may be able to make a new .inf file for updated drivers.
You'll need the old drivers, to get the correct PID/VID combination and
description strings from. FTDI has some nice utilities to make 'new'
driver INF files for you...

I may be able to point you in the right direction if you can verify the
drivers are FTDI drivers.

Dan