[volt-nuts] Finally got around to modifying my Fluke 845ab with LED's

George Atkinson robertg8rpi at virginmedia.com
Mon Sep 15 15:57:26 EDT 2014

Hi,
I'm late to this thread, but have some experience. Several years ago I did
some research on replacing xenon flashlamps in a high speed fluorescence
instrument application. As the white LED candidates had phosphor coatings I
assumed (don't assume - guess ;-) that they would be too slow. It turned
out that they were significantly faster than the xenon lamps, with sharp
turn-off rather than the tail of the flashlamp.
So don't dismiss white LEDs for modulated applications.

Robert G8RPI.