[volt-nuts] Old HP3458A - SN: 2823A 03939

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 11:59:46 EDT 2014

You can try contacting the local Keysight service center or the one in the
USA and give them the serial number. They might be able to tell you if it
has ever been serviced by them and what has been replaced. They were able
to tell me the history of mine. Some meters never go back after manufacture
so don't be surprised if they have no history.

Also, if the seller can take internal pics of the boards with part numbers,
that can tell you if the newer revs were installed. The Keysight's policy
is to repair at component level, and only replace boards as necessary. The
firmware on the outboard logic should be 8 or 9 to be current with bug
fixes. The NVRAM datecodes are important and should have been replaced
within the last 10 years. If not, the meter may end up losing its
calibration constants.

If you are willing to pay the full service price on the meter, Keysight
will perform all necessary fixes if it fails any of the
performance/calibration steps. This should include service notes.

Todd