[volt-nuts] Old HP3458A - SN: 2823A 03939

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Sep 21 12:20:04 EDT 2014

Not in front of my meter right now but IIRC, 'Blue Key' (shift), 'R', 'Down Arrow' until you find Rev? then hit enter.  It will return something like 7,1 or 8,2 etc.

The first digit is the master processor firmware version and the second number is the slave processor firmware version.  The master processor firmware is located on the A5 Board, the Outguard Controller.  I'm not sure where the slave processor firmware is located.  9,2 is the latest AFAIK.  I've heard that there is not much difference between 8 and 9.

I don't know how to check for the Service Note Compliance.  Would probably have to read each note then explore the meter to see what is installed.

Good luck.

Joe