[volt-nuts] Test Leads

Randy Evans randyevans2688 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 12:33:13 EDT 2015

I recently acquired a Fluke 752A to go with my Fluke 732A and HP-3458A.
Now I need to address the need for low thermal test leads.  Does anyone
have any suggestions for test leads that have low thermal contributions to
measurements?  I have looked at Pomona 1756 Low Thermal EMF Cables as a
starting point but haven't found any other candidates.

I have heard that old TV twin lead works well since most are stranded
copper wire.  I have tried it between my 732A and 3458A and it seems to
work fine but I would like to use more professional looking test leads,
particularly with correct copper spade lugs (Pomona 2305 Low thermal EMF
spade lug, Gold-plated?).  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Randy Evans AE6YG