[volt-nuts] HP-3458A Zero Reading

Randy Evans randyevans2688 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 22:15:32 EDT 2015

A bit of a false lead.  I took the readings after an hour of warmup.
However, after about two hours, the zero reading went to less thatn 0.2 uV,
which seems just fine to me.  I guess i just needed to get a really good
warmup time.

However, the 752 readings are varying over several uV when doing the CAL
procedure.  I am currently using unshielded leads so I suspect I am getting
a lot of noise.  Time to invest in some really good cables I guess.  I was
hoping to build my own cables as Bill Gold had suggested in a previous
thread.

Randy AE6YG