[volt-nuts] HP-3458A Zero Reading

John Phillips john.phillips0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 00:47:26 EDT 2015

​You talked about after an hour of warm up... I never turn mine off unless
I have to... Like to move it, ship it or power outage.
That said do not do anything like this until it has been on for 4 hours
Then run auto cal
Do not take any reading for 5 minutes after you change wiring or switches.
Consider 1000 plc and or stats mode.
​
Hope that helps

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Randy Evans <randyevans2688 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A bit of a false lead.  I took the readings after an hour of warmup.
> However, after about two hours, the zero reading went to less thatn 0.2 uV,
> which seems just fine to me.  I guess i just needed to get a really good
> warmup time.
>
> However, the 752 readings are varying over several uV when doing the CAL
> procedure.  I am currently using unshielded leads so I suspect I am getting
> a lot of noise.  Time to invest in some really good cables I guess.  I was
> hoping to build my own cables as Bill Gold had suggested in a previous
> thread.
>
> Randy AE6YG

*John Phillips*