[volt-nuts] Junior Member Lost Shirt on 720a KVM Purchase

Stan Katz stan.katz.hk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:51:05 EDT 2015

Hi Dallas and Frank,

Dallas, the diameter of the switch you pointed me to is indeed too large.
It's only available at Digikey for a very affordable $92.00USD. The shaft
is also not compatible with the 720a construction.

Frank, I called up Fluke for a quote on the switch. Delivery in one week
for only $1060.00USD!!!! I'm still waiting for a quote from IET.  The ELNA
04 doesn't look like a candidate, but I have requested a quote anyway.

Shame on Fluke for using an outside supplier for that faulty switch. This
costly, and impractical to repair 720a has taken away all of the thrill of
classical analog metrology for me.

I think that I should consider a used Fluke 5440b and give up on lash ups
needing the 720a.

Stan