[volt-nuts] Junior Member Lost Shirt on 720a KVM Purchase

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Mar 27 11:51:15 EDT 2015

Building is always a possibility... back in the day, that is how
all of these things got made.

However,

I have to wonder what went wrong with the original that can't be
repaired easily?  Or at the very least, for $1000?

Back when I was a kid, I worked for a company as a silver plater,
and I replated modified BNC connectors, and switch parts... it is
really quite easy, and doesn't require all that much equipment or
supplies.... compared to $1000.

I'm sure I could fix it for half that price ;-)

-Chuck Harris

OBTW, if the OP thinks his 720 is a lost cause, and is beyond
economical repair, I would gladly pay him to ship it to me.
I operate under a different standard of what can, and cannot
be repaired than most.