[volt-nuts] Datron 1281 cal ram data backup

Ludger.Lenzen at gmx.de Ludger.Lenzen at gmx.de
Mon Mar 30 14:32:52 EDT 2015

Note: I have also posted at EEVBLOG forum.
In my Datron 1281 (8.5 digit) bench DMM it seems, some of the electrolytics haved aged and need to be replace. I like to save the CAL-RAM content for security before working on (A backup is a good idea anyhow, if the battery drops).
Does anyone know how to do (is there maybe a GPIB dump possible like for the HP3458A)?
For sure it is possible to wire an LOGIC ANALYZER to the RAM and read out to file. But this is a risky job and my damage the content by accident. Thus I like to use another more secure method.