[volt-nuts] "*WAY* too expensive for even Keysight to redesign"

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Fri May 8 09:45:28 EDT 2015

Hello,
Your last statement actually could be a nice project in one of the well known blogs...
I have thought about this as well. It should not be too complicated to do that. The core components the stability are defined through are not that many. ac current may be an issue though (I have seen surprising things using precision resistors for AC current measurements).

Regarding ohms transfer stability, the way to go may be, since we cannot do an error budget analysis of the circuitry, not knowing all the internals with enough detail (although the CLIP is readily available), to do a statistical analysis for each specific instrument the owner wants to qualify, say at the full digit (so. e.g. 10k) in accordance with GUM, to come up with data similar to what the Solartron 7071/81 has.

cheers

adrian