[volt-nuts] Wavetek 1281 - Calibration Key

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 20:23:53 EST 2015

Unfortunately, when I had my keys made for the 4700, I took the lock out of
a broken 1071 to the locksmith. I originally showed them photos of an
actual key and they looked at me like I was crazy. I could only find two
locksmiths near me for the 4700 and a Valhalla 2724A. Both wanted a lock
before they would try to brute force a new key. It appears that the locks
are different with the Wavetek gear.

I have already sent a message to the seller of the 1271 and I hope to hear
something soon. If not, I will desolder the wires and remove the lock and
carry it to one of the locksmiths. At least they only charged me $10 for
the time and two keys for my Valhalla.