[volt-nuts] Keithley triax cables, 6011 and 1506/1507

Andrea Baldoni erm191ba3 at ermione.com
Thu Nov 19 09:12:09 EST 2015

Hello.

I will soon acquire a nVmeter, a current source and an electrometer made by
Keithley. They will come without any cable and manuals and in unknown working
condition.

One of the first steps is obtaining the cables.
I saw some of them for sale on Ebay, but I can roll my own, if it's possible
to do it without recurring to poisonous cadmium solder and the like (for the
nVmeter; the electrometer too will advantage from low EMF cables but maybe it's
not so important, or not? More important would be the cable insulation and
triboelectricity).

Someone already did it? What components (connectors, cable) do you suggest?

Best regards,
Andrea Baldoni