[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 calibration problems

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 15:52:30 EDT 2016

I spent some of today attempting to calibrate a 7081 that has had the EAROM
chip (ER3400) on the in-guard (floating) logic board replaced.

For each calibrate command issued I get a "Cal Incomplete" message rather
than a "Cal OK" message (this *may* be OK, or *may* be a fault).

When I try to issue calibrate, reference, 10.00000 I get a message "Factor
out of range" (all other VDC, VAC, and KOHM calibrate commands worked apart
from the Cal Incomplete message).

Does anyone know what the problem is, or have any thoughts as to what the
probable cause might be?

On a very related point, how do you calibrate the Ratio calibration constant
(there's nothing in either the Service manual or the Test Specification
about this other than item 21 in the automated  checks section on page 16
which says:

22. Ratio - ratio is calibrated.

Dave