[volt-nuts] Keithley 2001 - do you need to open it to calibrate it?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 15:12:25 EDT 2016

I got the 2001 that I ordered yesterday. There are a few things that make
me feel uneasy about it, so I will probably return it.

The calibration seal is missing off the front, which is obvious from the
eBay photo, but also one at the bottom which looks as though one needs to
open in order to get inside the unit. That had a seal, but has been broken.
I'm wondering if that would be a normal part of the calibration routine, or
if someone has opened this up after it was calibrated.

The cal was due "Jan/12/10", which I assume means the 12th of January 2010.

Also, although when I see the pictures on eBay I never noticed it, a closer
inspection of the photos .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEITHLEY-2001-DMM-/152113460174

does show that the hole on the front where a calibration seal would be
placed, has at one time in the past had a device too large pushed into the
hole. The hole is no longer round as I would expect it to be.