[volt-nuts] Hello and relay card for HP 3457a

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Wed May 11 17:44:44 EDT 2016

Unless someone has one and is up to selling it, my thoughts would be
to set up a user defined search on the big auction site and have it
notify you. Like anything if you are not in a rush you can like just
about everything get one for a pretty good price. If in a rush expect
to pay around $200-250 for either the 44491A or 44492A with the
terminal block.

And like any mechanical relay based scanner/card/etc be prepared to
have to replace relays. Luckily HP used ones that are easy to get. The
thing missing for me
with the 3457A is a low noise mux using parts like Hg wetted relays.

Space has not been an issue for me, I use 3497A's and/or VXI for
building up scanners.