[volt-nuts] Availability of 3458A in Europe after the end of 2016.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Nov 13 13:13:55 EST 2016

--------
In message <5828A747.90007 at erols.com>, Chuck Harris writes:

>The intention of RoHS, and those that implemented it,
>is to make it appear to the public as though it is
>going to save the world... the reality is it has
>hundreds of niches carved out of it for this and that
>special interest.

That is needlessly harsh.

If you look at the amounts of heavy metals RoHS has prevented from
entering the consumer waste stream, it has made a LOT of difference.

I 100% agree that RoHS is far from optimal, but making it sound
like empty a potempkin village is a gross misrepresentation of its
effect.