[time-nuts] Improving the stability of crystal oscillators

christopher hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Thu Oct 11 18:21:23 EDT 2007

Rick Karlquist N6RK wrote:
> If you want to "soup up" at 10811 oven, externally wire in a
> larger capacitor in parallel and change the resistors to increase
> the gain.  The 10811 designers did the best they could with
> what they had to work with, but you don't want to blindly
> copy them in new applications.

That would be an interesting experiment.  Hmmm ...

I suppose we can presume that the 10811 tempco wasn't good enough
for the requirements for the Z3801A, given that in that application
the 10811 was placed inside of another oven.

I now have both a Z3801A and a Z3815A w/E1938A.  But I
haven't yet compared them head to head.

Tom: I presume the Z3801A is included in your GPSDO comparison
project.  Is the Z3815A included, too?  What's your status?

-ch