[time-nuts] Improving the stability of crystal oscillators

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 18:24:45 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/11/2007 14:31:04 Pacific Daylight Time,
bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

>The  lack of radiation shields and an isothermal block enclosing  the
>oscillator components within the vacuum will surely reduce  the
>performance somewhat.

>Bruce

Hi Bruce,

yes I would agree, the spec of 2E-07 is not that great by itself.

But if we look at their market which seems to be space/military/Telecom
mostly for this part, then it starts to make sense. Not many DIP size OCXO's out
there, Micro Crystal makes one as well.

I wonder how expensive these parts will be. If they are in the $30 to $75
range they could be a good match for a lot of apps.

Nice building blocks nonetheless, and their phase noise is very acceptable
for the size as well. No ADEV specs unfortunately.

bye,
Said