[time-nuts] CPLDs for clock dividers

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Thu Feb 4 12:05:07 UTC 2010

Hi

One trick is indeed to turn all of the unused output pins into grounds.

That does not help the power much. There you need good solid bypassing on all of the power pins. With a little CPLD you don't have many pins. WIth even a small FPGA there are a lot of them to bypass.  I've seen a number of boards where people have given up after fully bypassing most but not all of the power pins.

Bob