[time-nuts] Fiberoptic 10MHz link

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Thu Jun 3 00:13:31 UTC 2010

 I have access to my roof and above through a trap door I had installed when we built the house.  Also have AC in the attic.  I've been reluctant to put a GPS up there with a direct link to the shack and computers, etc.  Has anyone done a simple circuit for conversion from a 10 MHz signal into, say, TOSLINK or such and then back for a galvanic break?  I realize that I'll be adding some delay and jitter, but for frequency locking shouldn't be a problem.

Looks like it isn't too big a problem to throw something together, but if it has be done......

N0UU