[time-nuts] Oscillator Phase Noise: A 50-Year Review

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Sat Aug 6 07:09:10 EDT 2016

The story is quite simple, life is never fair and therefore some use more
elbow then others ,
Happy weekend, 73 de Ulrich N1UL
In a message dated 8/6/2016 1:00:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
richard at karlquist.com writes:

On 8/5/2016 12:47 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:
> Here's a  new article, on IEEE's site (and this one's free):
> "Oscillator  Phase Noise: A 50-Year Review", by David B. Leeson
>  http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=7464875

It  has always irked me that no credit was given to Edson's
pioneering 1953  book "Vacuum tube oscillators" in Leeson's papers
and I see that the  omission continues in the latest paper.  You can see
from the  following reference that Edson was the true pioneer in  this

He  actually had the basic idea in 1934.  He is the proverbial
"unsung  hero".