[time-nuts] I am a nut

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Mar 2 08:18:02 EST 2016

Hi Joe --

If I was allowed only to keep two pieces of test equipment, one would be
my Fluke 77 and the other my 8920!  It does pretty much everything you
need for AF and RF below 1GHz, though nothing quite as well as the
specialized gear.

The high stability oscillator is very good.  I've only adjusted mine
once in the 15 years I've had the box.  If you do go that route, note
that it's an automated cal and you don't twiddle any caps or pots.  It's
handled through (I think) the diagnostics menu.

John
----