[time-nuts] Spectrum Analyzer Specifications

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 05:09:09 EDT 2016

For non-time-nuts quality, there is fast spectrum analyser software now
available for the Airspy receiver.  Although based on an RTL tuner, this
receiver has a 12-bit ADC, so better dynamic range than the typical dongle.

  http://airspy.com/download/
  http://airspy.com/specifications/

I have no commercial interest in the Airspy, just thought you might like to
know.  This receiver plus a suitable table makes a very handy portable
simple spectrum analyser.

Mike: I have a Rigol DSA815 analyser and tracking generator, and it's good
value for money.  Not HP-class, of course.  I do wish it went higher than
1.5 GHz, though.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu