[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Rollover Testing

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sat Mar 4 23:39:45 EST 2017

> I didn't see any reports of anyone (successfully) implementing a test for it.
> I obtained all of the receivers the driver currently supports, along with a Spirent GSS6100 simulator.

Hi Trevor,

Matthias Jelen did a test on the Trimble Thunderbolt here:

https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2014-September/086664.html
https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2015-May/091805.html
https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2015-May/091825.html

So we're all quite confident that the TBolt 1PPS and 10 MHz will be glitch-free. Mark Sims fixed his LH program so even the date & time will be correct. Still, the more tests the better, and the more thorough the better. Thanks for posting your results. The rest of us are envious that you own or have access to a GPS/GNSS simulator.

/tvb