[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Rollover Testing

Trevor N. qb4 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 00:31:46 EST 2017

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 20:39:45 -0800, you wrote:
>Matthias Jelen did a test on the Trimble Thunderbolt here:
>
>https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2014-September/086664.html
>https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2015-May/091805.html
>https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2015-May/091825.html

Thanks for the links, I didn't see the 2015 test.  Currently the older
Spirent simulators are going for very resonable prices on the 'bay.
The GSS4100 can be had for under $200 and 6100s frequently pop up for
$150.  Anything newer is still very expensive, though. It may be
necessary to use a multichannel simulator for newer receivers (or
multiple synchronized single channel units), as I haven't yet been
able to get the Trimble Resolution boards to go into overdetermined
mode with a single simulated SV.