[volt-nuts] Crazy price

Steve Krull steve-krull at cox.net
Tue Feb 21 15:00:21 UTC 2012

I don't think the asking price ia particularly excessive, although I
paid nowhere near that for mine a number of years ago. I got a quote for
calibration recently from Fluke. $1056 for traceable cal with data,
$1407 for accredited cal. That is provided the unit is received with
battery backup still keeping the references up to temperature.
Unfortunately the batteries (PS-618) are unobtanium and replacements are
a different physical size so some mods are necessary. Then it becomes a
matter of justifying the cost of the cal for hobby use...

Steve K.