[volt-nuts] Now Pace desoldering maintanance question

Fred Schneider pa4tim at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:24:50 UTC 2012

Yes, have a new spare one too. I have the felt filter in the glass tube ( just placed a new one after one year rather extensive use,  it came with 10 spares) but also a some steelwool i replace every time I empty the tube and the filter is still as clean as a year ago.
Problem was now i had used it to remove a lot of parts ( whit a lot of solder using the biggest nozel in a short time and had not emptied it. Now it was blocked and the glass tube did not come lose. So i opened it. The contacts between element and pcb were in bad shape. A lot of carbon, and they were very loose. The handpiece allways felt rather hot.

I desolderd the contacts, cleaned the board with a yellow copper rotating brush on my Dremel.
Then cleaned it ( and all the nozels) ultrasonic. Bend the contactsprings a bit more inside and resoldered everything including the wires.
Modified the flimsy switch and now it stayes a lot cooler and i do not have to press that hard. After that I wend in call mode and set it to Celcius and activated also the function that puts the temp down after 30 minutes of no use. Think I dismantel my solder iron too for inspection. I have the manual for that so that is a bit more easy.

Fred PA4TIM

Op 22 mei 2012 om 00:00 heeft "J. Forster" <jfor at quikus.com> het volgende geschreven: