[volt-nuts] The HP 8903A Audio Analyzer

Roy Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 18 08:24:58 UTC 2012

I have a faulty HP8903A. Despite the excellent Agilent manual archive, and other sources that I am aware of – I cannot find any source for the Service Manual – can anybody help ?  The unit starts up and displays all digits as with the normal “self check”, but stops dead at this stage. All voltages would appear to be normal. It has a sequence of four yellow LED’s on the Processor PCB, which are active – but what is the ‘normal’ state for these. This is not an easy unit to access without the vertical series of PCB’s without extenders – any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Roy