[volt-nuts] Finally got around to modifying my Fluke 845ab with LED's

Dallas Smith dosmith at outlook.com
Tue Sep 9 16:26:49 EDT 2014

Hi Chuck,

Its only 84Hz, It had the offset
problem long before I made this mod. The new meter at work many decades ago
also had this problem.

I pick white so the full spectrum would
be covered by the Csd's. Checked waveforms with scope, has sharp rising and
falling edges. This mod may not be as elegant as a Linear Devices copper mod,
but at lest I will not have to mess with the shielded front end.

The
offset may be due to the bias current in the front end reacting with the different
polarities.

Dallas